Lesson 25 - giovedì 21 aprile 2011

SONG
Who said - Planet Funk (you can find the lyrics and the video in the section "Musica" under "Canzoni")

TEXTBOOK
New English File Advanced - Oxford University Press - Clive Oxenden and Christina Latham-Koenig

HOMEWORK CORRECTION
Grammar
Es. a p. 35
1) When I was a child, I used to have / I had really long hair.
2) The boss appears to have a new secretary.
3) Did you really use to wear glasses?
4) Correct
5) I need to get my passport renewed urgently.
6) Correct
7) Correct
8) Correct
9) Could you get your brother to have a look at my car?
10) When I saw that she was wearing trousers, I was very suprised.
Es. b p. 35
1) that I had made a big mistake
2) seems to have
3) you get the tap fixed
4) is expected to resign
5) According to the daily Mail
6) it will get broken
7) There are said to be
8) They don'tusually get to the airport
9) the dog hd been sleeping on my bed all night 
Vocabulary
Es. a p. 35
1) friendship
2) freedom
3) neighbourhood
4) fear
5) shame
6) poverty
Es. b p. 35
1) take
2) spare
3) get
4) cope
5) left
6) know 
Es. c p. 35
1) lost
2) pushed
3) life
4) nerves
5) messge
6) way
8) out
Es. d p. 35
1) by
2) at
3) before
4) off
5) down
6) away
7) out
8) over

UNIT 3A: BREAKING THE SILENCE
Es. 4a p. 38: choose the right form
1) it can't be
2) he probably hasn't
3) it must have been
4) is likely to call
5) must be working 

Grammar Bank 3A p. 142: speculation and deduction
Es. 5a p. 38: read the article and answer the questions
Es. 5d p. 39: listen and answer the questions
Es. 5f p. 39: complete
1H - 2E - 3B - 4I - 5A - 6C - 7D
Es. 5h p. 39: answer the questions 

UNIT 3B: LOST IN TRANSLATION
Quotation p. 40: read and comment

HOMEWORK: es. a - b p. 142

And after the lesson: pizza at Pizzeria Centro at 21.30.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento